Shepperton (St. Nicholas)
SHEPPERTON (St. Nicholas), a parish, in the union of Staines, hundred of Spelthorne, county of Middlesex, 2¼ miles (E. by S.) from Chertsey; containing 858 inhabitants. It comprises 1435a. 2r. 36p., of which 125 acres are common or waste land. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £26; net income, £499; patron, S. H. Russell, Esq.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.