Shalstone, or Shaldeston (St. Edward)
SHALSTONE, or Shaldeston (St. Edward), a parish, in the union, hundred, and county of Buckingham, 4 miles (N. W. by W.) from Buckingham; containing 201 inhabitants. It comprises about 1200 acres, of which 600 are arable, 500 meadow and pasture, and 100 woodland. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £8. 0. 5.; net income, £199; patron, G. Jervoise, Esq. The tithes were commuted for land and a money payment in 1767.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.