Seavington (St. Michael)
SEAVINGTON (St. Michael), a parish, in the union of Chard, hundred of South Petherton, W. division of Somerset, 3½ miles (E.) from Ilminster; containing, with the chapelry of Dinnington, 506 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £6. 15., and in the gift of Earl Poulett: the tithes have been commuted for £132, and the glebe comprises 26 acres.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.