Salperton (All Saints)
SALPERTON (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Northleach, hundred of Bradley, E. division of the county of Gloucester, 5 miles (N. w. by N.) from Northleach; containing 206 inhabitants. The parish comprises an area of nearly 1400 acres, of which the surface is undulated, and the soil generally stony, and of little depth. It is situated a little to the north of the road from Northleach to Cheltenham, and to the south of that from Stow-on-the-Wold to the same town. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the gift of John Browne, Esq., with a net income of £95. The tithes were commuted for land in 1780.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.