Ryton-upon-Dunsmoor (St. Leonard)
RYTON-upon-Dunsmoor (St. Leonard), a parish, in the union of Rugby, Rugby division of the hundred of Knightlow, N. division of the county of Warwick, 4½ miles (S. E.) from Coventry; containing 534 inhabitants. The parish is situated on the south side of the river Avon, and intersected by the road from Coventry to Daventry. It comprises 2057 acres. The living is a perpetual curacy, valued in the king's books at £11. 6. 8.; net income, £113; patron, the Prebendary of Ryton in the Cathedral of Lichfield. The tithes were commuted for an allotment of land, under an act of inclosure, in the year 1761. The church is partly in the early English style of architecture.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.