DISCLOSURE: This page may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a commission.
UK Genealogy Archives logo

Ringsfield (All Saints)

RINGSFIELD (All Saints), a parish, in the union and hundred of Wangford, E. division of Suffolk, 2 miles (S. W. by W.) from Beccles; containing 311 inhabitants. The consolidated parishes of Ringsfield and Redisham Parva lie near the road from Beccles to Halesworth, and comprise about 1700 acres of land, the soil of which is generally heavy, and the surface flat. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £12; net income, £488; patron, the Rev. C. Clarkson: the glebe contains about 40 acres. The church is a small building, covered with thatch; the interior is ornamented with paintings and sculpture. Some remains exist of the church of Redisham Parva, and there was anciently a free chapel in Ringsfield belonging to the convent at Norwich, founded in 1174. The dissenters have a place of worship.

Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.

Advertisement

Advertisement