Ridlington (St. Peter)
RIDLINGTON (St. Peter), a parish, in the Tunstead and Happing incorporation, hundred of Tunstead, E. division of Norfolk, 4 miles (E.) from North Walsham; containing 212 inhabitants. It lies between North Walsham and the sea, and comprises about 600 acres, chiefly arable land. The living is a discharged rectory, with the vicarage of East Ruston united, valued in the king's books at £4. 6. 8.; net income, £208; patrons, Lady Wodehouse and the Canons of Windsor, the latter of whom are appropriators of East Ruston. The church is chiefly in the early English style, with an embattled tower surmounted by statues of the Four Evangelists as pinnacles.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.