Ravensden (All Saints)
RAVENSDEN (All Saints), a parish, in the hundred of Barford, union and county of Bedford, 4 miles (N. N. E.) from Bedford; containing 327 inhabitants. It comprises by measurement 2155 acres; the soil is clay, and the surface rather hilly. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £7; net income, £81; patron, the Duke of Bedford; impropriator, Sir W. Long. The tithes were commuted for land and a money payment in 1809.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.