Radley (St. James)
RADLEY (St. James), a parish, in the union of Abingdon, hundred of Hormer, county of Berks, 2½ miles (N. E. by N.) from Abingdon; containing, with part of the chapelry of Kennington, and with the liberty of Thrupp and Wick, 475 inhabitants, of whom 377 are in the township of Radley. The parish comprises 2699a. 1r. 10p., and is bounded by the navigable river Isis. The living is a donative, in the patronage of Sir George Bowyer, Bart.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.