Plumpton (St. John the Baptist)
PLUMPTON (St. John the Baptist), a parish, in the union of Towcester, hundred of Green's-Norton, S. division of the county of Northampton, 6½ miles (W.) from Towcester; containing 69 inhabitants. It comprises 811a. 2r. of land; the soil is clay, intermixed with some limestone and gravel, and the surface rather undulated than hilly. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £10; patron, the Rev. Francis Henry White, M.A.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.