PLASHETS, a township, in the parish of Falstone, union of Bellingham, N. W. division of Tindale ward, S. division of Northumberland, 12½ miles (W. N. W.) from Bellingham; containing 222 inhabitants. This township is of considerable extent, and includes the village and church of Falstone. The hamlet of Plashets is on the north side of the North Tyne river, and a short distance to the east of the Kennel burn. The tithes have been commuted for £228, and there is a glebe of about 12½ acres.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.