Perrot, South (St. Mary)
PERROT, SOUTH (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Beaminster, hundred of Beaminster-Forum, and Redhone, Bridport division of Dorset, 4¼ miles (N. by W.) from Beaminster; containing 387 inhabitants. It consists of 1451a. 2r. 28p., and is situated on the road from Dorchester to Crewkerne. Limestone is quarried for burning. The living is a rectory, with that of Mosterton annexed, valued in the king's books at £17. 14. 2., and in the gift of the family of Wills: the tithes of the parish have been commuted for £225, and the glebe comprises 77 acres.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.