Pennard, East (All Saints)
PENNARD, EAST (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Shepton-Mallet, hundred of Whitestone, E. division of Somerset, 5¾ miles (S. S. W.) from Shepton-Mallet; containing 657 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, with the living of West Bradley annexed, valued in the king's books at £7. 4. 9½.; net income, £190; patron and appropriator, the Bishop of Bath and Wells. The Roman Fosse-way bounds the parish on the south-east.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.