PENDOMER, a parish, in the union of Yeovil, hundred of Houndsborough, Berwick, and Coker, W. division of Somerset, 4½ miles (S. W. by S.) from Yeovil; containing 81 inhabitants. In 659, Kenwalk, the West Saxon, defeated the Britons here, and pursued them to Pedridan, now Petherton, about eight miles distant. Stone for roads and for building is obtained. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £3. 4. 4½., and in the gift of William Helyar, Esq.: the tithes have been commuted for £177, and there are 77 acres of glebe. The church is a neat structure in the early English style of architecture, and contains a monument of a Knight Templar.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.