Peatling Parva (St. Andrew)
PEATLING PARVA (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union of Lutterworth, hundred of Guthlaxton, S. division of the county of Leicester, 4¾ miles (N. E. by N.) from Lutterworth; containing 159 inhabitants. It comprises about 300 acres; the soil is in some parts light, in others strong, and the surface elevated, but not hilly. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £9. 14. 7., and in the patronage of the Crown; net income, £158. The lord of the manor, in 1665, gave land for the poor, which produces £30 per annum. There are some mild chalybeate springs.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.