Oxhill (St. Lawrence)
OXHILL (St. Lawrence), a parish, in the union of Shipston-upon-Stour, Kington division of the hundred of Kington, S. division of the county of Warwick, 4 miles (S. S. W.) from the town of Kington; containing 348 inhabitants, and comprising 1699 acres. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £14. 10.; net income, £254; patron, the Rev. Walter D. Bromley. The tithes were commuted for land and an annual money payment in 1797. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.