Orton-Waterville, or Overton (St. Mary)
ORTON-WATERVILLE, or Overton (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Peterborough, hundred of Norman-Cross, county of Huntingdon, 3 miles (S. W. by W.) from Peterborough; containing 313 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £12. 11. 5½.; net income, £354; patrons, the Master and Fellows of Pembroke Hall, Cambridge. The tithes were commuted for land and a money payment in 1805. There is an allotment of land, let for £30, of which a portion is applied in the distribution of coal, and in procuring medical advice for the poor.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.