UK Genealogy Archives logo

Newton-Hall

NEWTON-HALL, a township, in the parish of Bywell St. Peter, union of Hexham, E. division of Tindale ward, S. division of Northumberland, 7¾ miles (E. by N.) from Hexham; containing 95 inhabitants. It adjoins the township of Newton on the north, and is situated not very far from the river Tyne, which runs on the south: the road from Newcastle to Corbridge also passes on the south of the village.

Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.