Newland (St. Leonard)
NEWLAND (St. Leonard), a parish, in the union of Upton-upon-Severn, Lower division of the hundred of Pershore, Upton and W. divisions of the county of Worcester, 5¾ miles (S. W.) from Worcester; containing 143 inhabitants. This place was a grange or farm belonging to the priory of Malvern. The parish consists of 850 acres, and is intersected by the road from Worcester to Ledbury. The living is a perpetual curacy; net income, £60; patron, the Vicar of Malvern. The impropriation belongs to the Rev. Edward Woodyatt.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.