Pipe Ridware.-This is the third of the three Ridwares in this hundred. It is not mentioned in Erdeswick. The manor was called Media Ridware, and at the time Domesday Book was made the bishop held it of the king, and under the bishop it was held by Earl Alric. The Staffords possessed it afterwards; and in suceession it has belonged to the families of Tamenhorn, Pipe (from whom its first name is derived), Stanley, Chadwick, Agard, and Whitehall. A very ancient and somewhat remarkable church was replaced in 1842 by the church of St. James, a small square building, with a turret containing two bells. The parish comprises 816 acres, 90 inhabitants, 17 houses, and real property valued at £1284. The living is a perpetual curaey worth £46, in the gift of the bishop of Lichfield.