Curborouqh and Elmhurst
Curborouqh and Elmhurst form a township in St. Chad, Lichfield parish. Curborough was formerly the seat of Zachary Babington, Esq., and it passed by marriage to Theophilus Levett, Elmhurst belonged to the Biddulphs. Sir Theophilus built a house here, which was taken down in 1804. From the Biddulphs it passed to Swinfen and Eliot. The township contains 2080 acres, 257 inhabitants, 48 houses, and real property valued at £3143.