Alrewas Hays is an extra-parochial tract contiguous to Alrewas. It was formerly a common, but has been inclosed. It contains 1689 acres, 72 inhabitants, 13 houses, and real property valued at £1356. This is the place of the remarkably curious spring of which Dr. Platt, in his "Natural History of Staffordshire," gives the following description:-"There is one on Alrewas Hays, near the north-west angle of the Plate-course, which always overflows, and by the vulgar is falsely reputed bottomless; though, indeed it be not inconsiderable, that being four foot square at the top, which it holds for as many foot deep, and after turning into a round of two foot and a half diameter, and situate in a fine plain, almost level, without anything deserving the name of a hill to assist it, the forementioned ingenious Mr. Wolferstan found the plummet to descend in it forty-two foot before it reacht the bottom." The learned doctor also describes a new and wonderful fungus found near this spring. It is "very large, sometimes four or five inches diameter, and near two inches thick, and rises from a short pedicle, narrow at bottom, and extending itself broader almost to the brim of the fungus, like an inverted cone."