UK Genealogy Archives logo

Lower Gravenhurst

LOWER GRAVENHURST is a village on a feeder of the river Ivel, 6 miles west from Henlow station on the Bedford and Hitchin section of the Midland railway, 12 south-east from Bedford, and about 7 south-east from Ampthill. It was formerly a civil parish but, by Local Government Board Order 22,219, dated March 24, 1888, with Upper Gravenhurst, it was formed into the new civil parish of Gravenhurst.
Transcribed from Kelly's Directory of Bedfordshire, Huntingdonshire, and Northamptonshire, 1914