DISCLOSURE: This page may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a commission.
UK Genealogy Archives logo

West Chickerell

WEST CHICKERELL, a village 3 miles W. from Weymouth. The church (St. Mary) is an ancient building, the living of which is a rectory. Here are extensive brick, tile, draining pipe and pottery works, to which has recently been added the manufacture of stone ware in all its branches. The parish comprises 1473 acres, and in 1841 had a population of 531.

Bridge Thomas, esq. Monte Video house
Ingram Mr. Robert, Mina cottage
Marshall Rev. William, Rectory
Payne Capt. Wm. R.N. Ivy cottage
Rogers Francis, esq, the Elms
Bartlett Christopher, 'Lugger Inn'
Bartlett John, wheelwright, &c.
Brown George, farmer, Putton
Crickmay George Hayter, brick, pottery and stone ware works
Groves Levi, farmer, East Chickerell
Hunt Uriah, butcher
Isaacs Joseph, pig dealer
Lowman Thos. agricultural implement maker: thrashing machines, drills, &c. let on hire
Marshallsay Edward, 'Turk's head'
Marshallsay James, farmer
Marshallsay Samuel, parish clerk
Northover Joseph, blacksmith
Northover Mary (Mrs.) beer retailer, Putton
Palmer James, farmer
Pearce John, boot and shoe maker
Perkins Joseph, beer retailer
Rabbetts Josiah, butcher
Randell Ann, grocery, &c. dealer
Rashleigh Charles, farmer
Rigler Richard, butcher
Simms Samuel, farmer
Taylor George, boot and shoe mkr.
Taylor William, wheelwright, &c.
Wheeler Joseph, farmer

Transcribed from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851

Advertisement

Advertisement