DISCLOSURE: This page may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a commission.
UK Genealogy Archives logo

Silton

SILTON, a village 5 miles E. from Wincanton and 2½ N.W. from Gillingham. The church has a nave, aisle and chancel, and is built in the Gothic style; the interior has a beautiful monument of Judge Wyndham, a justice of the Common Pleas in the time of Charles II. The parish comprises 1170 acres, and had, in 1841, 385 inhabitants.

Maggs Mrs. Charlotte
Martin Albin, esq.
Benjafield Edmd. & Chas. farmers
Bigging John, farmer
Burpett Daniel, boot & shoemaker
Burpett Isaiah, grocery, &c. dealer
Cock John, blacksmith
Cox George, miller and baker
Cox James, miller
Cox John, farmer
Hayter Robert, butcher
Kellaway Elizabeth, farmer
Knapton Benjamin, dealer
Maggs Henry, bed tick manufr.
Purman Lot, farmer
Roberts John, farmer
Still Thomas, carpenter, &c.
Stone Mark, basket maker
Tabour Moses, farmer

Transcribed from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851

Advertisement

Advertisement