UK Genealogy Archives logo

Pentridge

PENTRIDGE, a village 3½ miles N.W. from Cranborne. The church (St. Rumbald) is a plain structure, the living of which is a rectory. The parish comprises 1,760 acres, and had in 1841, 244 inhabitants.

Campbell Rev. Duncan
Hayter Tom John, 'Woodyates Inn'
Herrington Wm. farmer and grocer
Meat Nathaniel, blacksmith
Scott James, farmer

Transcribed from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851