UK Genealogy Archives logo

Manston

MANSTON, a village, 2 miles N.E. from Sturminster Newton. The Church has lately been completely repaired; it appears by an inscription over the south porch to have been originally erected in 1534, the living of which is a rectory. The parish comprises 1323 acres, and had in 1841 a population of 133.

St. John, Rev. George Fredk. M.A. (rector)
Benjafield George, farmer
Brine Chas. farmer
Haines John, farmer
Miles Henry, farmer
Rose Ruth, grorery dealer
Tuffin Nehemiah, 'Plough'

Transcribed from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851