UK Genealogy Archives logo

Farndish

FARNDISH is a small village in the extreme north-west of Bedfordshire, and bordering on Northants, a mile and a half north-west from Irchester station on the Midland railway, 14 north-west from Bedford, 4 east from Wellingborough and 5 south-west from Higham Ferrers, in the Northern division of the county, hundred of Willey, Sharnbrook petty sessional division, union and county court district of Wellingborough, rural deanery of Felmersham, Bedford archdeaconry and St. Albans diocese. By Local Government Board Order 16,417, dated March 24, 1884, Farndish was annexed to Podington for civil purposes.
Transcribed from Kelly's Directory of Bedfordshire, Huntingdonshire, and Northamptonshire, 1914