FRAMPTON, a village - formerly a market town - 5 miles N.W. from Dorchester, here is Frampton house, the splendid seat of Richard B. Sheridan, esq. M.P. the river Frome here abounds with fine trout. The Church is a neat stone building, with an ivy mantled tower, the living is a vicarage in the gift of R. B. Sheridan, esq. M.P. Here is a school supported entirely by Mrs. Sheridan. The parish contained in 1841, 391 inhabitants. Post Office, at Sarah Nicholls letters come at 6 a.m. and are despatched at 7 15 p.m.
Martyn Rev. John, (vicar)
Sheridan Richd. Brinsley, esq. M.P.
Adams Wm. grocer. &c.
Bowring Charles, stonemason
Bowring Thomas, grocery dealer
Chick John, farmer, Hyde
Cox Joseph, farmer & maltster, Magistone
Dowdeswell Jonathan, land steward
Fox George, carpenter & builder
Free School, Boylett George, master, Barge Sarah, mistress
Gilbert John, parish clerk
Johnson William, farmer
Roberts Thomas, blacksmith
Rogers Jonathan, butcher
Watts William, farmer
Transcribed from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851