UK Genealogy Archives logo

Bothenhampton

BOTHENHAMPTON, a village about a mile S.E. by S. from Bridport. The church is dedicated to the Holy Trinity, and the living is a perpetual curacy in the patronage of the Countess of Abingdon. The parish comprises about 600 acres, and had in 1841 a population of 533.

Cooke Rev. Francis (rector)
Foot Mr. Richard
Gundry Joseph, esq. Hyde
Kerslake Mr. John, Hyde corner
Marsh Mr. Robert
Ackerman Richard, farmer & beer retailer
Ackerman Stephen, farmer
Case James, farmer
Clarke Chas. farmer, Weech farm
Coombes Matthew, farmer
Coombes John, farmer and lime burner
Deem Alfred, farmer
Garland Richard, farmer, Hyde
Gray Richard, farmer
Hayward George, thatcher
Perham John, miller, South mill
Rawles Richard, carpenter
Spiller Mary, dairy keeper
Trevett George, beer retailer
Trevett Robert, blacksmith
Wakely John, dairyman

Transcribed from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851