UK Genealogy Archives logo

Staverton

Staverton is a village and parish on the high road from Southam to Daventry, on the western border of the county, separated from Warwickshire by the river Leam, 2½ miles south-west from Daventry station on the Weedon and Leamington branch of the London and North Western railway, 15 west from Northampton and 15 east from Leamington, in the Southern division of the county, hundred of Fawsley, petty sessional division, union and county court district of Daventry, rural deanery of Daventry, archdeaconry of Northampton and diocese of Peterborough. In 1720 a destructive fire occurred in the village, causing a loss of about £3,000.
Transcribed from Kelly's Directory of Bedfordshire, Huntingdonshire, and Northamptonshire, 1914