UK Genealogy Archives logo

Clifton

CLIFTON is a parish and village, giving name to the hundred, between and near the junction of the roads from Bedford and St. Neots to Baldock, and on the river Ivel, one mile east from the Shefford station on the Bedford and Hitchin branch of the Midland railway, 5½ south from Biggleswade and 10 south-east from Bedford, in the Northern division of the county, Clifton hundred, Biggleswade petty-sessional division, union and county court district, rural deanery of Shefford, Bedford archdeaconry and St. Albans diocese.
Transcribed from Kelly's Directory of Bedfordshire, Huntingdonshire, and Northamptonshire, 1914