UK Genealogy Archives logo

Clapham

CLAPHAM is a village and parish, on the north bank of the river Ouse, and on the road from Bedford to Higham Ferrers, 2 miles north-west from Bedford, in the Northern division of the county, hundred of Stodden, petty sessional division, union and county court district of Bedford, Bedford rural deanery and archdeaconry and St. Albans diocese.
Transcribed from Kelly's Directory of Bedfordshire, Huntingdonshire, and Northamptonshire, 1914