UK Genealogy Archives logo

King

King's Sutton is a considerable village and parish, giving name to the hundred. The parish is separated from Oxfordshire by the river Cherwell and has a station on the Oxford and Birmingham section of the Great Western railway, which is the junction of a branch to Chipping Norton, Cheltenham and South Wales; the village is 6½ miles west from Brackley, 5 south-east from Banbury and 82½ from London by rail and 66 miles from London via the Great Western direct line from London to Birmingham on the Ashendon and Aynho section of that railway, which joins the Oxford and Birmingham main line near here, in the Southern division of the county, petty sessional division, union and county court district of Brackley, rural deanery of Brackley (third portion), archdeaconry of Northampton and diocese of Peterborough.
Transcribed from Kelly's Directory of Bedfordshire, Huntingdonshire, and Northamptonshire, 1914