UK Genealogy Archives logo

Harrington

Harrington is a village and parish, 3 miles east from Kelmarsh station on the Northampton and Market Harborough section of the North Western railway, 12 north-by-east from Northampton and 7 north-west from Kettering, in the Mid division of the county, hundred of Rothwell, petty sessional division, union and county court district, of Kettering, rural deanery of Rothwell (second portion), archdeaconry of Northampton and diocese of Peterborough. This place gives the title of Earl and baron to a branch of the family of Stanhope.
Transcribed from Kelly's Directory of Bedfordshire, Huntingdonshire, and Northamptonshire, 1914