UK Genealogy Archives logo

Furtho

Furtho is a parish consisting of two cottages and two farmhouses, 2 miles from Castlethorpe station on the main line of the London and North Western railway, 2 north-north-west from Stony Stratford and 6 south-east from Towcester, and in the Southern division of the county, hundred of Cleley, union of Potterspury, Towcester petty sessional division and county court district, rural deanery of Preston (second portion), archdeaconry of Northampton and diocese of Peterborough. A small portion of the hamlet of Old Stratford is in this parish which is on the Buckinghamshire border of the county.
Transcribed from Kelly's Directory of Bedfordshire, Huntingdonshire, and Northamptonshire, 1914