UK Genealogy Archives logo

Finedon

Finedon is a large and thriving town and parish, bounded on the west by the river Ise, with a station 1¾ miles north-west from the village (locally in Isham) on the main line of the Midland railway, 3½ miles north-east from Wellingborough, 4½ north-west from Higham Ferrers and 67 from London, in the Eastern division of the county, hundred of Huxloe, petty sessional division, union and county court district of Wellingborough, rural deanery of Higham Ferrers (first portion), archdeaconry of Oakham and diocese of Peterborough. Under the provisions of the "Local Government Act, 1894" (56 & 57 Vict. c. 73), an Urban District Council of 12 members was constituted in 1894.
Transcribed from Kelly's Directory of Bedfordshire, Huntingdonshire, and Northamptonshire, 1914