Desborough is a parish and town, on the main road from Kettering to Market Harborough, with a station on the Midland main line of railway, 6 miles north-west from Kettering, 18 north from Northampton and 81 from London, in the Northern division of the county, hundred of Rothwell, petty sessional division, union and county court district of Kettering, rural deanery of Rothwell (second portion), archdeaconry of Northampton and diocese of Peterborough. The parish was governed by a Local Board of 9 members, created by an Order of the Northamptonshire County Council, confirmed by Local Government Order, No. 27,418, dated September 3, 1891, but under the provisions of the "Local Government Act, 1898" (56 and 57 Viet. c. 74), an Urban District Council of 12 members was formed.
Transcribed from Kelly's Directory of Bedfordshire, Huntingdonshire, and Northamptonshire, 1914