UK Genealogy Archives logo

Dallington

Dallington is a parish, 1¼ miles north-west from Northampton stations on the London and North Western and Midland railways, on the road to Rugby, in the Mid division of the county, hundred of Nobottle Grove, petty sessional division, union and county court district of Northampton, rural deanery and archdeaconry of Northampton and diocese of Peterborough. In pursuance of the Local Government Board's Provisional Orders Confirmation (No. 14) Act, 1900, Dallington St. James, a civil parish formed from Dallington under the provisions of section 36 of the Local Government Act, 1894, has been added to the municipal borough of Northampton.
Transcribed from Kelly's Directory of Bedfordshire, Huntingdonshire, and Northamptonshire, 1914