UK Genealogy Archives logo

Bromham

BROMHAM (or Brumham, anciently Bromeham or Bromehal) is a parish and beautiful village, on the north bank of the river Ouse, which is here crossed by a stone bridge of 26 arches, restored in 1793, and on the Northampton road, 2 miles south from Oakley station on the Midland railway, and 3 north-west from Bedford, in the Northern division of the county, Willey hundred, Bedford petty sessional division, union and county court district, rurul deanery of Bedford, Bedford archdeaconry and St. Albans diocese.
Transcribed from Kelly's Directory of Bedfordshire, Huntingdonshire, and Northamptonshire, 1914