UK Genealogy Archives logo

Cold Higham

Cold Higham, so called from its exposed and elevated situation, is named "Hecham" and "Hecham Parva" or "Little Higham" in early records, and "Heca" in Domesday Book; together with Grimscote and part of Foster's Booth it constitutes a parish, about a quarter of a mile west of the old London and Liverpool coach road, 4 miles north from Towcester station on the Stratford-on-Avon and Midland Junction railway, 5 west from the Blisworth station on the main line of the London and North Western railway and 7 south-west from Northampton, in the Southern division of the county, hundred, petty sessional division, union and county court district of Towcester, rural deanery of Brackley (second portion), archdeaconry of Northampton and diocese of Peterborough.
Transcribed from Kelly's Directory of Bedfordshire, Huntingdonshire, and Northamptonshire, 1914