UK Genealogy Archives logo

Boughton

Boughton is a parish near the road from Northampton to Market Harborough, 1½ miles south-east from Brampton station on the Northampton and Market Harborough branch of the London and North Western railway and 3 north from Northampton, and in the Mid division of the county, hundred of Spelhoe, county court district and petty sessional division of Northampton, union of Brixworth, rural deanery of Haddon (second portion), archdeaconry of Northampton and diocese of Peterborough.

By Local Government Board Order P. 1,623, dated Nov. 9th, 1900, part of Kingsthorpe was annexed to this parish.

Transcribed from Kelly's Directory of Bedfordshire, Huntingdonshire, and Northamptonshire, 1914