UK Genealogy Archives logo

Alderton

Alderton is a village and parish on rising ground and bounded on the north by the river Tove, 3½ miles south from Roade station on the main line of the London and North Western railway, 3¾ east-south-east from Towcester, 9 south from Northampton and 6 north-west from Stony Stratford, in the Southern division of the county, hundred of Cleley, petty sessional division and county court district of Towcester, union of Potterspury, rural deanery of Preston (second portion), archdeaconry of Northampton and diocese of Peterborough.
Transcribed from Kelly's Directory of Bedfordshire, Huntingdonshire, and Northamptonshire, 1914