Buckland St. Mary
Buckland St. Mary is a parish and village, near the Taunton high road and on the confines of Devonshire, about 5 miles north-west from Chard stations on the Great Western and London and South Western railways and 6 west-by-south from Ilminster, in the Bridgwater division of the county, partly in the southern division of Petherton hundred, but chiefly in the hundred of Abdick and Bulstone and partly in the hundred of Martock, Ilminster petty sessional division, Chard union and county court district, rural deanery of Ilminster, archdeaconry of Taunton and diocese of Bath and Wells. The parish is divided into three tithings, viz.: Buckland St. Mary, Westcombland, 2 miles west and Dommett, one mile east.
Transcribed from Kelly's Directory of Somerset, 1914