UK Genealogy Archives logo

Church Broughton

Church Broughton is a parish and village, 3 miles north-west from Tutbury station on the North Staffordshire railway, 10 south-west from Derby, 8 from Burton-upon-Trent, 9 south-east from Ashbourne and 130½ from London, in the Western division of the county, Appletree hundred and petty sessional division, Burton-upon-Trent union and county court district, rural deanery of Longford, archdeaconry of Derby and diocese of Southwell. The Broughton brook flows through the western portion of the parish.
Transcribed from Kelly's Directory of Derbyshire, 1899