UK Genealogy Archives logo

Theale

Theale, a parish formed ecclesiastically in 1832, out of the parish of Tilehurst, and for civil purposes since April 18, 1894, with a station on the Great Western railway, 41½ miles from London and 5 west from Reading, in the Southern division of the county, hundred of Theale, union of Bradfield, petty sessional division and county court district of Reading, rural deanery of Bradfield, archdeaconry of Berks and diocese of Oxford; the main portion of the village forms one street along the road from Reading to Newbury. The river Kennet bounds the parish on the south.
Transcribed from Kelly's Directory of Berkshire, 1915