UK Genealogy Archives logo

Swallowfield

Swallowfield is a pleasant village and parish on the rivers Loddon and Blackwater, which form a junction in the parish, 4¼ miles east from Mortimer station on the Reading and Basingstoke branch of the Great Western railway, 5½ south-west from Wokingham, 5¾ south-east from Reading and 10 north-east from Basingstoke, in the Eastern division of the county, hundreds of Charlton and Reading, Reading petty sessional division, union of Wokingham, county court district of Reading, rural deanery of Reading, archdeaconry of Berks and diocese of Oxford. The former civil parishes of East and West Swallowfield were, in 1894, amalgamated into one civil parish.
Transcribed from Kelly's Directory of Berkshire, 1915