UK Genealogy Archives logo

Kintbury

Kintbury, anciently "Cheneteberie," is a large parish, situated on the river Kennet and intersected by the Kennet and Avon canal, with a station on the Great Western railway, 3 miles east-by-south from Hungerford and 58½ from London, in the Southern division of the county, hundred of Kintbury-Eagle, petty sessional division and county court district of Hungerford, Hungerford and Ramsbury union, rural deanery of Newbury, archdeaconry of Berks and diocese of Oxford. It was anciently a market town and had two annual fairs.
Transcribed from Kelly's Directory of Berkshire, 1915