UK Genealogy Archives logo

Little or East Shefford

Little or East Shefford is a parish on the north-eastern bank of the river Lambourn, 7½ miles north-west from Newbury and 5½ north-east from Hungerford station on the Great Western railway, in the Southern division of the county, hundred of Kintbury-Eagle, Newbury petty sessional division, union and county court district of Hungerford, rural deanery of Newbury, archdeaconry of Berks and diocese of Oxford. The Lambourn Valley railway from Newbury to Lambourn passes through this parish and has a station at Great or West Shefford.
Transcribed from Kelly's Directory of Berkshire, 1915