Cambusbarron, Stirlingshire

Historical Description

CAMBUSBARRON, a village, in the parish of ST. NINIAN'S, county of STIRLING, 1½ mile (S. W.) from Stirling; containing 676 inhabitants, who are chiefly engaged in wool-spinning, and in the manufacture of tartans and shawls. A small school here has an endowment of £10 per annum, arising from a bequest.

Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of Scotland, 1851 by Samuel Lewis